Local transit & bus passes

All campus cities have excellent networks of safe, reliable and convenient public transit systems. Most students use a local transit pass as it is an affordable way to commute to Conestoga College. There are different transit passes for students at each campus.

Bus transit by city

Kitchener (Doon and Downtown), Cambridge, and Waterloo campuses

Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge students use Grand River Transit (GRT) to travel between Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. Visit Grand River Transit’s website for schedules and maps.  

How much does a transit pass cost?

Full-time registered students (including co-op students) can purchase a discounted 4-month Unlimited Term Pass to access the Grand River Transit (GRT) transportation system at a discounted rate of $300. Passes are available for purchase at the start of each term and are applicable for January-April, May-August and September-December.

How do I purchase my 4-month GRT Term Pass?

  • Once you have fully registered, you can purchase your 4-month Unlimited Term Pass online through the ONE Card portal with your debit card or credit card. Use your Condor ID and password to log in to the ONE Card portal. 
  • Once purchased, within 48 hours, your ONE Card will be connected to the GRT system and you can use it for an easy tap and go experience. When you board the bus, tap your card on the smart card reader in the bottom corner of the farebox. If your tap is successful, you'll hear a ding and the screen will show "Conestoga College Thank You."
  • If you have any questions, please email or visit ONE Card.
Guelph campus
Brantford campus
  • Brantford students use Brantford Transit to travel around the city, by paying their fare in cash or by using a bus pass.
  • Students may purchase a bus pass, or single-ride tickets for $3 per ride.
  • Passes are available at the Brantford Transit Terminal Kiosk (64 Darling Street, Brantford, Phone: 519-756-5011).
  • Visit Brantford Transit’s website for maps, fares and schedules, and use the “Next Bus” service to find real-time bus route and time information.
College shuttle service

Conestoga Students Inc. (CSI) provides a complimentary shuttle service travelling between Residence, Cambridge campus and Kitchener - Doon campus at two locations. This service is free to all Conestoga College students, faculty and staff who show the shuttle driver their ONE Card. For details, including the shuttle schedule, visit CSI Shuttle.

Please note: the shuttle does not operate in the spring term from May-September.

Driving and parking

If you would like to drive in Canada, please note that a valid driver’s licence is required by law to drive a car or other motor vehicle.

International Driver’s Permit + Foreign Driver’s Licence

If you have a valid driver’s licence from your home country and plan on driving in Ontario, you will need an International Driver’s Permit (IDP) from your own country. You need to have this permit with you when you arrive in Ontario. You cannot apply for one after you have arrived in Canada. 

Ontario Driver’s Licence

If you do not have a driver’s licence from your home country, to legally drive a car in Canada, you will need a driver’s licence issued by the government of Ontario. You must have it with you whenever you are driving. With it, you can drive anywhere in Canada. The process to get a driver’s licence in Ontario can be found on the Ministry of Transportation’s website.  

In order to drive in Canada, you must purchase car insurance. This is not included in your tuition at Conestoga. For more information, please refer to Car insurance on the Government of Canada website.  

Parking at Conestoga

A parking pass or permit is required to park on campus. Visit Parking Services for more information.  

Local transit

Learn local transportation etiquette tips. This video shows a student riding Grand River Transit (GRT) in Kitchener. Bus passes can be purchased in the ONE Card portal.

Purchase a bus pass