Local transit & bus passes
All campus cities have excellent networks of safe, reliable and convenient public transit systems. Most students use a local transit pass as it is an affordable way to commute to Conestoga College. There are different transit passes for students at each campus.
Bus transit by city
Kitchener (Doon and Downtown), Cambridge, and Waterloo campuses
Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge students use Grand River Transit (GRT) to travel between Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. Visit Grand River Transit’s website for schedules and maps.
How much does a transit pass cost?
Full-time registered students (including co-op students) can purchase a discounted 4-month Unlimited Term Pass to access the Grand River Transit (GRT) transportation system at a discounted rate of $306. Passes are available for purchase at the start of each term and are applicable for January-April, May-August and September-December.
How do I purchase my 4-month GRT Term Pass?
- Once you have fully registered, you can purchase your 4-month Unlimited Term Pass online through the ONE Card portal with your debit card or credit card. Use your Condor ID and password to log in to the ONE Card portal.
- Once purchased, within 48 hours, your ONE Card will be connected to the GRT system and you can use it for an easy tap and go experience. When you board the bus, tap your card on the smart card reader in the bottom corner of the farebox. If your tap is successful, you'll hear a ding and the screen will show "Conestoga College Thank You."
- If you have any questions, please email ONECard@conestogac.on.ca or visit ONE Card.
- Guelph students use
Guelph Transit to travel around the city.
- Guelph Transit offers a 4-month post-secondary term pass at a discounted rate for students living in Guelph.
- Visit Guelph Transit for information on how to confirm eligibility and complete the purchase of a 4-month pass.
- Visit Guelph Transit’s website for maps, fares and schedules, and plan your trip online.
- Students registered at the Brantford campus in the fall and/or winter terms have the bus pass fee (U-Pass) included in their tuition, which includes unlimited travel on the Brantford Transit system using their Wilfrid Laurier University OneCard, during the term the fee was paid.
- Students may
purchase a bus pass, or single-ride tickets for $3 per ride.
- Students registered at the Brantford campus in the spring term who would like to purchase single ride or a monthly pass can visit the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union bus pass web page for more information. Students registered at the Brantford campus in the spring term, are eligible to purchase a monthly student pass directly from the Brantford Transit.
College shuttle service
Conestoga Students Inc. (CSI) provides shuttle service between certain campuses and to/from Conestoga Residence. They also provide twice weekly shuttle service between Conestoga Residence and Pioneer Park Plaza for grocery runs. All shuttle services are free to Conestoga College students, faculty and staff who show the driver their ONE Card. Visit
CSI Shuttle for more information on service routes and schedules.
Please note: Shuttle services do not operate during spring term (May - September).
Driving and parking
If you would like to drive in Canada, please note that a valid driver’s licence is required by law to drive a car or other motor vehicle.
International Driver’s Permit + foreign driver’s licence
If you have a valid driver’s licence from your home country and plan on driving in Ontario, you will need an International Driver’s Permit (IDP) from your own country. You need to have this permit with you when you arrive in Ontario. You cannot apply for one after you have arrived in Canada.
Ontario driver’s licence
If you do not have a driver’s licence from your home country, to legally drive a car in Canada, you will need a driver’s licence issued by the government of Ontario. You must have it with you whenever you are driving. With it, you can drive anywhere in Canada. The process to get a driver’s licence in Ontario can be found on the Ministry of Transportation’s website.
In order to drive in Canada, you must purchase car insurance. This is not included in your tuition at Conestoga. For more information, please refer to Car insurance on the Government of Canada website.
Parking at Conestoga
A parking pass or permit is required to park on campus. Visit Parking Services for more information.
Learn local transportation etiquette tips. This video shows a student riding Grand River Transit (GRT) in Kitchener. Bus passes can be purchased in the ONE Card portal.